The TCD-D8 was a successor to the TCD-D7. Since it was based on the TCD-D7 it had very similar design and functionalities. There are few differences. Th TCD-D8 has gold plated jacks for better conductivity. Other enhancements include 44.1kHz sampling, instant sleep (tape unload) and record mute features.
Easy operation with excellent sound quality of DAT Superb quality recording and playback with excellent frequency response, remarkably low noise and lack of distortion can be made. High speed fast-forwarding / rewinding and cuing / reviewing for easy tape access.
Long play (LP) mode recording A maximum of four-hour continuous recording is possible using four size AA (LR6) alkaline batteries which is ideal for recording a meeting or a conference etc.
Adjustable (automatic/manual) recording level The recording level can be adjusted either manually or automatically to suit every recording situation.
Rec mute function that makes a four-second blank automatically.
Date function The date and time are automatically registered at the time of the recording and can be displayed during playback, fastforwarding / rewinding and cuing / reviewing.
LCD display LCD display window for indicating the current operational mode and the battery power status etc.
Compact design A compact mechanism and design for portability.
Recording compatibility Recording can be made from various digital audio equipment such as a CD (compact disc)/Min*Disc player or a BS (broadcasting satellite)/CS (communication satellite) tuner etc.
Three sampling frequencies (48/44.1/32 kHz) that support high quality digital recording.
• Date and time stamp function
• 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rates
• Carrying case and cleaning tape supplied • Back-lit LCD display • Manual, Music and Speech recording level controls • 44.1 kHz analogue recording for CD mastering • 1 bit A/D and D/A converters
• 7 pin digital in/out connector • Digital recording with better than CD-quality sound
• Tape: Digital audio tape • Recording time: Long-play: 240 minutes (with DT-120) • Recording time: Standard: 120 minutes • Sampling Frequency: 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz • Standard: Fs 48 kHz 20-22,000 Hz (+ or - 1.0dB) • Standard: Fs 44.1 kHz 20-20,000 Hz (+ or - 1.0dB) • Long-play Mode: Fs 32 kHz 20-14.500 Hz (+ or - 1.0dB) • Standard: More than 87 dB • Long-play Mode: More than 87 dB (1 kHz IHF-A, 22kHz LPF, LINE IN) • Standard: Less than 0.008% (1 kHz IHF-A, 22kHz LPF, LINE IN) • Long-play: Less than 0.09% (1 kHz IHF-A, 22kHz LPF, LINE IN) • Wow And Flutter: Below measurable limit (less than + or - 0.001% W.PEAK) • Impedance: 4.7 Kohms • Minimum Input Level: 0.4mV • Rated Input Level: 500 mV • Minimum Input Level: 80 mV • Audio: Stereo minijack • Impedance: 27 ohms • Rated Output: LINE OUT 500 mV • Maximum Output: PHONES 5 mW + 5 mW • Load Impedance: PHONES 32 ohms • Load Impedance: LINE OUT more than 10 Kohms • Digital I/O-REMOTE jack (special jack): Digital input/output, remote control operation and timer- activated operation is possible • Power Requirements: The car battery cord DCC-E160L(not inc.) for use with 12V car battery of DCC-E260HG (not inc.)I • Power Requirements: DC IN 6V jack accepts the Sony AC power adaptor for use on 240v AC, 50 Hz • Power Requirements: DC 6V four LR6 (size AA) batteries • Power Consumption: 1.2W • Dimensions: Approx. 132.6 x 36.7 x 88.2mm (5.25 x 1.5 x 3.5in.)(w/h/d) not incl. projection parts and controls • Mass: Approx. 500g (1lb. 1oz.) incl. batteries